Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) potatoes peeled and cut into 1 in cubes
- 4 clove(s) garlic peeled
- 5 strip(s) bacon cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 1 cup(s) thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat milk warmed
- 1/2 cup(s) low fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- In a large pot, cover potatoes and garlic with lightly salted water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp; drain on paper towels. Pour out all but 1 teaspoon bacon grease from pan. Add scallions to grease, saute until soft, but not brown. Add bacon.
- Drain potatoes and return to pot. Mash potatoes with milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Stir in bacon and scallions. Reheat, if necessary, before serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Delacy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables