- 8 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 4 pounds)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Bring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven or stockpot; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Beat potatoes, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, butter, half-and-half, garlic cloves, and white pepper at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in parsley.