Quick and awesome recipe but tweaked it a bit. I used about 3 extra cloves because I LOVE garlic, substituted plum tomatoes for grape tomatoes and put in about 1/4 cup of the pasta water into the tomato, garlic and seasoning once almost done. Had it for lunch the next day and now co workers want it for our next pot luck since the smell and taste were great. Definitely gonna make it on days I really don't feel like cooking.
Photo: Beth Dreiling; Styling: Lisa Powell Bailey
More From Southern Living
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds plum tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced or chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Place pasta in a serving bowl, and keep warm.
- 2. Sauté garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and tomatoes release juices. Pour over pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note