Garlic-Gruyère Mashed Potatoes
Gruyère cheese makes these mashed potatoes rich. Sour cream, garlic, and green onions give them unforgettable status.
Quick & Easy
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 7 large)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyère cheese or other Swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Garnishes: additional diagonally sliced green onions, shredded Gruyère cheese
- Peel potatoes, if desired; cut into chunks. Cook in boiling water to cover 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Return potatoes to pan. Add butter.
- Mash with a potato masher; stir in hot milk and next 4 ingredients. Mash again to desired texture.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese and 2 thinly sliced green onions. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables