- 6 medium potatoes (4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup hot milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded Gruyère cheese*
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped baked ham (optional)
- Garnish: sliced green onions
How to Make It
Peel potatoes; cut into 1-inch cubes. Cook in boiling water to cover 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Mash potato with a potato masher; stir in milk and next 5 ingredients until blended. Stir in cheese, green onions, and, if desired, ham. Garnish, if desired.
*1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese may be substituted.