Substitute milk for half-and-half for a lighter tasting dish.
Yield: Makes 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Southern Living
- 6 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- Bring half-and-half, salt, garlic powder, and pepper to a boil in a Dutch oven; gradually stir in grits. Return to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cream cheese and 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, stirring until cream cheese melts. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch