My family LOVES garlic green beans or "Fancy Beans" as my girls call them. However, we've made an adjustment. We buy the frozen whole green beans in the steam bag, and we cook them in the microwave as instructed on the bag for 5 minutes. THEN, we saute the green beans in the garlic, olive oil, lemon pepper mixture, and add fresh chopped parsley at the end. Yummy!
Garlic Green Beans
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Place first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven; cover and cook over medium heat 30 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in Dutch oven; add garlic and lemon pepper, and sauté mixture over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add green beans, and sauté 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables