Garlic Fried Jasmine Rice
Photo: Alex Farnum; Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 306
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Protein: 5.7g
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 54g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 5.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 cups brown jasmine rice*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Rinse rice thoroughly in a fine strainer under running water, then pour into a medium saucepan with 1 3/4 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- 2. Pour rice into a rimmed baking pan. Let cool, then chill, uncovered, until firm and dry, at least 2 hours.
- 3. Heat 1 1/2 tbsp. oil in a 12-in. frying pan over medium-high heat. Add rice and heat, stirring gently, until hot, 1 to 2 minutes. With a wooden spoon, clear a space in center of pan; pour in 1 tsp. oil and stir garlic into oil. Let garlic sizzle for about 30 seconds, then stir into rice to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- *Find brown jasmine rice alongside other rices at the grocery store.
- Make ahead: Cook rice through step 2 up to 1 day before using; chill, covered.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables