Garlic French Bread
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 (16-ounce) package French bread
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Cut bread loaves in half horizontally. Brush cut sides evenly with garlic mixture. Wrap loaves in aluminum foil, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 10 more minutes or until lightly brown and crisp. Serve immediately.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Twin French Bread Loaves. Freeze unbaked garlic bread, wrapped in aluminum foil and in a zip-top plastic freezer bag, up to 1 month, if desired. Remove bread from freezer bag, place on a baking sheet, and bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Unwrap foil, and bake 5 more minutes or until lightly brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads