Garlic-Chive Mashed Potatoes
The Twist: A swirl of fat-free cream cheese turns hot cooked mashed potatoes into a deceptively rich side dish.
More From Southern Living
Other: 10 Minutes
- 1 (24-oz.) package frozen steam-and-mash potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Microwave potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add minced garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Transfer cooked potatoes to a large bowl. Add garlic mixture, cream cheese, milk, chopped fresh chives, and salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; mash to desired consistency.
- Note: We tested with Ore-Ida Steam n' Mash Cut Russet Potatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note