We liked these and made them just as written though next time I might skip grilling the tortillas and just serve them soft. Made the salad too which was GREAT!
Garlic-Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Photo: Johnny Autry and Randy Mayor
Serve with Avocado and Orange Salad.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 tacos)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 312
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Protein: 29.5g
- Carbohydrate: 27.8g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small Vidalia onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded green leaf lettuce
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine garlic, chipotle, and 1 tablespoon oil; rub evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; keep warm.
- 3. Combine remaining oil, remaining salt, remaining black pepper, and chili powder in a large bowl. Add bell peppers and onion; toss gently to coat. Place vegetables on grill rack; grill 5 minutes on each side or until soft and charred. Place tortillas on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Remove from grill; keep warm.
- 4. Thinly slice chicken. Divide chicken, bell peppers, onion, and lettuce among tortillas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes