- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chile, canned in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 small red bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small green bell pepper, quartered
- 1 small Vidalia onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded green leaf lettuce
- calories 312
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 4.8 g
- polyfat 2.8 g
- protein 29.5 g
- carbohydrate 27.8 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 533 mg
- calcium 60 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Combine garlic, chipotle, and 1 tablespoon oil; rub evenly over chicken. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; keep warm.
Combine remaining oil, remaining salt, remaining black pepper, and chili powder in a large bowl. Add bell peppers and onion; toss gently to coat. Place vegetables on grill rack; grill 5 minutes on each side or until soft and charred. Place tortillas on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 30 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Remove from grill; keep warm.
Thinly slice chicken. Divide chicken, bell peppers, onion, and lettuce among tortillas.