Garlic Chicken With Peppers and Beans
Community Recipe from
- 1/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 3 pound(s) chicken cut into pieces
- 1 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 6 clove(s) garlic
- 8 fresh sage leaves, large snipped, or tsp. dried
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can(s) white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can(s) red kidney beans, small rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup(s) Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a deep 6-quart flameproof casserole over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers, cover, and cook over low heat until tender, 5 minutes.
- Push the peppers to the side and add the chicken. Brown over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken pieces from the casserole and set them aside. Add the wine, broth, garlic, beans, and sage and bring liquid to a simmer. Add salt and pepper. Add the chicken pieces. Cover, transfer the casserole to the oven, and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve the chicken in deep bowls, sprinkle with the fresh parsley and swimming in all its lovely fragrant juices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garlic Chicken With Peppers and Beans Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes