Garlic Chicken Noodles
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 481
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 595mg
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (5 to 6 oz. each)
- 1 pound fresh Asian-style noodles
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, rinsed, stems removed, and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (including tops)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut breast halves crosswise into 1/8-inch-wide strips.
- 2. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts water to a boil; add noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, about 3 minutes. Drain noodles and return to pan.
- 3. Meanwhile, pour oil into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add onion, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic; stir often until onion and mushrooms begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Add chicken and stir often until no longer pink in the center (cut to test), about 3 minutes. Add rice wine, vinegar, and soy sauce; cook to blend flavors, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- 4. Add chicken mixture to noodles in pan and stir over medium-high heat until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide equally among four wide bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This