Garlic Chicken Noodles
Kim Chan's family loves to be greeted by the pungent smell of this garlicky dish when they walk in the door at the end of the day.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 481
- Calories from fat: 17%
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 61g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 595mg
- Cholesterol: 127mg
- 4 boned, skinned chicken breast halves (5 to 6 oz. each)
- 1 pound fresh Asian-style noodles
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 onion (about 8 oz.), peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, rinsed, stems removed, and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (including tops)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut breast halves crosswise into 1/8-inch-wide strips.
- 2. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 4 quarts water to a boil; add noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, about 3 minutes. Drain noodles and return to pan.
- 3. Meanwhile, pour oil into a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add onion, mushrooms, green onions, and garlic; stir often until onion and mushrooms begin to brown, about 8 minutes. Add chicken and stir often until no longer pink in the center (cut to test), about 3 minutes. Add rice wine, vinegar, and soy sauce; cook to blend flavors, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- 4. Add chicken mixture to noodles in pan and stir over medium-high heat until hot, 2 to 3 minutes. Divide equally among four wide bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes