Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1 whole(s) chicken (about 4 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 head(s) garlic (about 40 cloves) peeled
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Lightly spray covered baking dish with cooking spray. Combine rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat, if necessary. Place lemon quarters and half of rosemary mixture inside cavity of chicken. Place chicken in baking dish.
- Brush outside of chicken with oil; sprinkle remaining rosemary mixture on top. Arrange garlic around chicken. Bake, covered, for 60 minutes. Carefully remove lid and continue cooking for 25 - 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 180* in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove chicken from dish; let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Remove garlic from drippings and serve drippings with chicken, if desired.
- Calories 600, total fat 35g, carbohydrate 11g, protein 58g, fiber 1g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MLockwood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes