Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 lemon quartered
- 1 whole(s) chicken (about 4 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 head(s) garlic (about 40 cloves) peeled
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Lightly spray covered baking dish with cooking spray. Combine rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; set aside. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat, if necessary. Place lemon quarters and half of rosemary mixture inside cavity of chicken. Place chicken in baking dish.
- Brush outside of chicken with oil; sprinkle remaining rosemary mixture on top. Arrange garlic around chicken. Bake, covered, for 60 minutes. Carefully remove lid and continue cooking for 25 - 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 180* in thickest part of thigh and juices run clear. Remove chicken from dish; let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Remove garlic from drippings and serve drippings with chicken, if desired.
- Calories 600, total fat 35g, carbohydrate 11g, protein 58g, fiber 1g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MLockwood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note