Garlic Bread "Fries" with Marinara "Ketchup"
In this imaginative party snack, addictive garlicky bread sticks and marinara sauce resemble french fries and ketchup.
Yield: 8 to 10
More From Food & Wine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves (large) garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 (large) baguette, split and halved
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a medium skillet, melt the butter in the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and add the parsley.
- Place the bread on a baking sheet, cut sides up, and spoon the garlic butter on top. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes. Light the broiler and broil for 1 minute, just until golden. Cut the bread into 1/2-inch "fries" and serve in paper cones, with the marinara on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers