Beautiful presentation, I used my orange cherry and french vanilla yellow cherry tomatoes. I would season the chicken with some salt and pepper before putting the basil rub on.
Garlic-Basil Grilled Chicken with Caprese Salsa
You'll love the classic Italian flavors of this grilled chicken, and the caprese salsa with sweet, tart grape and cherry tomatoes is the perfect accompaniment to the charred flavor from the grill.
More From Sunset
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 687
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 55g
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 5.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 414mg
- Cholesterol: 180mg
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 8 small chicken breast halves with bone and skin (5 lbs. total)
- 1 qt. mixed colors cherry and grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups (12 oz. drained) fresh mozzarella balls such as perlini or small wedges of bocconcini
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°) with a charcoal area left clear or a gas burner turned off to make an indirect heat area. Make rub for chicken: Pulse basil, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor until roughly chopped. Rub mixture all over chicken.
- 2. Make salsa: Stir together tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to combine; let stand at least 30 minutes.
- 3. Grill chicken skin side down over direct heat until browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Move pieces to indirect heat area, turning over, and grill until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer chicken to a platter, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes. Spoon tomatoes, cheese, basil, and half the salsa liquid over chicken; save remaining liquid for a salad dressing if you like.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note