- 3 pounds unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic bulb
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 dried red chile peppers
- 3 bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired, and set aside.
- Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Separate and peel garlic cloves. Add to butter mixture, and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in dry white wine and next 8 ingredients; bring to a boil. Boil, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes or until reduced by half and thoroughly heated.
- Add half of shrimp. Cook 5 to 6 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink; remove with a slotted spoon. Cook remaining shrimp 5 to 6 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Serve with warm broth.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers