Garlic and Mushroom Queso Fundido
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) Red or yellow onion Chopped
- 1 cup(s) Sliced white mushrooms
- 4 teaspoon(s) Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cup(s) Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) Fresh cilantro Chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until mushrooms have released all their liquid, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in thyme, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese in the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate. Top with half of the mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; top with remaining mushroom mixture. Place pie plate in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, browned and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garlic and Mushroom Queso Fundido Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers