- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary or thyme, or 2 tsp dried
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette or crusty loaf of bread, cut in half lengthwise
- calories (1/8 recipe): 145
- fat 5 g
- satfat 3 g
- sodium 235 mg
- cholesterol 12 mg
How to Make It
Prep time: 8 minutes
Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes
In a small saucepan, heat the butter, garlic, and herbs and let simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Add the pepper and cook 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and, using a pastry brush or the back of a spoon, spread the mixture on both sides of the bread. Sandwich the two bread halves together and cut into 1-inch-wide slices. Wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake the bread on the middle shelf for about 15 minutes, or until warm. Remove from the oven and let cool for a minute.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; brush butter on bread.