- 12 small rainbow carrots, preferably with tops, scrubbed
- 3 small heads fennel, ends and tough outer leaves trimmed
- 2 bunches baby turnips (about 12) or 6 medium regular turnips
- 2 or 3 bunches small red radishes with leaves
- 2 scarlet turnips or 1 watermelon radish (optional), thinly sliced crosswise
- Olio nuovo or other extra-virgin olive oil
- calories 44
- caloriesfromfat 5 %
- protein 1.3 g
- fat 0.2 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- carbohydrate 10 g
- fiber 4.6 g
- sodium 86 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Trim carrot tops, if using, to about 1/2 in., and trim root hairs, then cut carrots in half lengthwise. Cut fennel lengthwise into slender wedges. Set vegetables in a large bowl of ice water about 1 hour to crisp.
Meanwhile, if using baby turnips, trim tops to about 1/2 in., then quarter turnips; or cut regular turnips into slender wedges. Remove all but a few small leaves on each radish; swish radishes in water to clean. Crisp turnips and radishes in another bowl of ice water about 45 minutes.
Drain vegetables and arrange on a large platter. (Drape with damp towels, if they'll be standing before serving.) Serve with oil for dunking.