Garden Tomato Basil Soup
Community Recipe from
- 6 ripe tomatoes
- 6 ripe tomatoes – cut into chunks
- 3 carrots – peeled and sliced into discs
- 1 green or red bell pepper – cut into chunks
- 1 yellow onion – cut into chunks
- 5 cloves of garlic – halved
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves (or Season with Spice's American dried basil leaves)
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 2 tsp of Paprika
- Dash of Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dab of butter
- Olive oil
- 1. Add a few tablespoons of olive oil into a deep frying pan, and heat on high. When hot, toss in the garlic and onion and sauté until lightly browned. Then add in the carrot and sauté until lightly browned.
- 2. Add in another tablespoon of olive oil, along with the bell pepper and tomatoes. Cook on medium fire until tomatoes are softened. Turn heat off and let cool while completing next step.
- 3. In a large pot, combine the chicken broth, paprika, thyme, and black pepper. Heat on low.
- 4. Add the cooked veggies into a blender, along with the fresh basil leaves. Blend on low speed to desired texture.
- 5. Add the blended mixture into the large pot, stir well with the broth, and cook on medium fire until soup thickens to desired texture. Then stir in butter and milk, add in more salt if needed, and cook a few more minutes.
- 6. Serve hot, and garnish with shredded fresh basil leaves and freshly ground black pepper. Enjoy with a side of toast or a grilled cheese sandwich.
- - You can roast the vegetables instead, but I prefer the way the garlic, onions and carrots caramelize in the frying pan and give the soup a stronger flavor.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by acrane and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garden Tomato Basil Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes