Best pizza ever.
Garden Tomato and Basil Pesto Pizza
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 377
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 14.8g
- Carbohydrate: 48.1g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 687mg
- Calcium: 209mg
- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary's brand)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Spray crust with cooking spray.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Spread pesto evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with mozzarella cheese slices and tomato; sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Sprinkle with basil.
Fresh mozzarella is easier to slice when it is very firm. Place mozzarella in the freezer just until firm, and thinly slice. Any brand of prebaked pizza crust will work for this recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This