- 1 (12-ounce) prebaked pizza crust (such as Mama Mary's brand)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons commercial pesto
- 1 cup (4 ounces) thinly sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped tomato (about 2 large)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- calories 377
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fat 13.5 g
- satfat 4.9 g
- monofat 0.1 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 14.8 g
- carbohydrate 48.1 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 3.2 mg
- sodium 687 mg
- calcium 209 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Spray crust with cooking spray.
Place crust on a baking sheet; bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Spread pesto evenly over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with mozzarella cheese slices and tomato; sprinkle with pepper. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is golden. Sprinkle with basil.
Fresh mozzarella is easier to slice when it is very firm. Place mozzarella in the freezer just until firm, and thinly slice. Any brand of prebaked pizza crust will work for this recipe.