Garden Quinoa Salad
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) fresh asparagus stems trimmed
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh green beans trimmed
- 1/2 pound(s) fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 1/2 cup(s) quinoa rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 dash(es) salt and pepper
- 1 - 2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup(s) salted pumpkin seeds or nuts for garnish
- Cut green vegetables on diagonal into 1 inch pieces. In a saucepan of boiling salted water, simmer the veggies until crisp tender appx. 3-4 min. Drain, then place in bowl of cold water 1 - min. Drain and pat dry.
- Toast quinoa in dry skillet over med heat, stirring constantly, appx 4 min. Put toasted quinoa in a med pot and add 3 1/4 cups water. Bring to simmer then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 30-35 min. Remove from heat and let sit covered for 5 min or until all liquid absorbed. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add lemon zest and parsley. In large bowl, combine tomatoes, asparagus, beans and peas with the quinoa. Add dressing and toss.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amateurcook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garden Quinoa Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads
More Recipes for Main Dishes