- 1/4 pound small red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 311
- fat 12.7 g
- satfat 2.2 g
- protein 9.6 g
- carbohydrate 40.8 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- cholesterol 4 mg
- iron 2.7 mg
- sodium 300 mg
- calcium 96 mg
How to Make It
Cook potatoes in a large pot of boiling water 5 minutes or just until tender. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon; place in a large bowl. Add green beans to boiling water, and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove green beans with a slotted spoon; place in bowl with potatoes. Add pasta to boiling water, and cook 9 minutes or until pasta is done.
While vegetables and pasta cook, combine 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and next 3 ingredients in a food processor or blender. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid. Add pasta to bowl with potatoes and green beans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add reserved 1/3 cup cooking liquid to food processor; process until well blended. Add pesto to pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Spoon pasta into individual bowls, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.