Excellent. Very sharp with a strong dijon flavor. Worth doubling.
Garden Herb Salad with Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette
The slight sweetness of the roasted shallot in the vinaigrette dressing plays well off the bright-flavored herbs.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 2/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 29
- Calories from fat: 74%
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 2.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 136mg
- Calcium: 10mg
- 1 medium shallot, peeled
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (4-ounce) package herb salad mix
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wrap shallot in foil. Bake at 400° for 35 minutes; cool for 10 minutes. Peel and mince. Combine shallot, vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add salad mix; toss well to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garden Herb Salad with Roasted Shallot Vinaigrette Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Salad Dressings