Garden Harvest Jambalaya
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 202
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Protein: 5.7g
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Sodium: 60mg
- Cholesterol: 1.1mg
- 2 firm-ripe tomatoes (about 10 oz. each)
- 1 red bell pepper (about 1/2 lb.)
- 4 kohlrabi (about 1 lb. total)
- 2 carrots (about 10 oz. total)
- 1 zucchini (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 onion (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/3 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1. Core tomatoes. Chop 1 tomato and slice the other.
- 2. Stem, seed, and coarsely chop bell pepper.
- 3. Peel kohlrabi and cut into 1/2-inch chunks.
- 4. Trim ends from carrots, zucchini, and beans. Cut carrots in half lengthwise, then into 2-inch pieces. Quarter zucchini lengthwise, then cut into 2-inch pieces. Cut beans into 2-inch pieces. Chop onion.
- 5. In a 6- to 8-quart pan over medium heat, stir oil, onion, and garlic occasionally until onion is limp, about 4 minutes.
- 6. Stir in the chopped tomato, bell pepper, kohlrabi, carrots, cayenne, and pepper. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until kohlrabi is barely tender when pierced, about 10 minutes.
- 7. Stir in rice and broth and bring mixture to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until rice is almost tender to bite, about 20 minutes. Add zucchini and green beans; simmer, covered, just until beans are tender when pierced, 7 to 10 minutes longer.
- 8. Spoon onto a platter and top with sliced tomato. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This