Garden Harvest Chicken Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 00 00
- 00 00
- Garden Harvest Chicken Stew
- 3 -4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 6 - medium regular or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 - large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 - cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 - zucchini squash, cut
- 1/2 - medium onion, chopped
- 3 - cups chicken broth
- 1 - chicken bouillon cube
- 1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 - cup cold water
- 3 - tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 - tablespoons olive oil
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. In a large skillet add the olive oil. Add the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Saute the chicken until lightly browned. Set aside when done.
- In a large slow cooker, combine the rest of the ingredients except for the zucchini, cold water and cornstarch. Mix well and cook on low for 6-7 hours (or high for 4 hours). The last two hours of cooking add the zucchini.
- When all the vegetables are all soft, in a separate bowl mix together the cold water and cornstarch, stirring until smooth. Stir into the stew and cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Anne42 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Garden Harvest Chicken Stew Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes