Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
When you've got really great ingredients in your garden, a simple soup like this one has loads of flavor.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 36
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Protein: 1.8g
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 489mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 ripe tomatoes (1 2/3 lbs. total)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon slivered purple basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño chile
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 1. Cut 3 tomatoes into chunks and purée in a food processor. Pour into a bowl. Chop remaining tomato and stir into purée with cucumber, bell pepper, salt, and lemon juice. Ladle into soup bowls.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine basil, chile, and chives. Top each bowl of soup with a mound of the basil confetti.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3/4-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note