- 4 ripe tomatoes (1 2/3 lbs. total)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon slivered purple basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño chile
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- calories 36
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- protein 1.8 g
- fat 0.4 g
- satfat 0.1 g
- carbohydrate 7.9 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- sodium 489 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cut 3 tomatoes into chunks and purée in a food processor. Pour into a bowl. Chop remaining tomato and stir into purée with cucumber, bell pepper, salt, and lemon juice. Ladle into soup bowls.
In a small bowl, combine basil, chile, and chives. Top each bowl of soup with a mound of the basil confetti.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3/4-cup serving.