My husband and I found this to be good, but rather bland. I used 3 times the herbs because they were fresh, but I think next time I will add even more herbs and fresh garlic.
Garden Eggplant Pizza
To substitute fresh herbs on this pizza loaded with eggplant and veggies, use three times more than dried.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 1 large eggplant, peeled
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package prebaked Italian pizza crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Chop eggplant and next 4 ingredients coarsely; sauté in 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 10 minutes or until tender.
- Layer pizza crust evenly with cheese and eggplant mixture; sprinkle with basil and next 5 ingredients. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Boboli pizza crust.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note