Great pasta dish!!! I prepped the veggies early and put in a bowl until I was ready for them in the refrigerator. I did the chicken on the grill to cut back on the dirty dishes. Next time I will cut the veggies into smaller pieces for easier eating. I did use linguini as that was what I had but will try the pappardelle pasta based on the other reviews. I made only half of the recipe for my husband and myself (using 2 zucchini, 1 whole red pepper and 12 stalks of aspargus) but did make the full recipe of sauce as we like saucy pasta. I didn't think this was too time consuming and would make it again.
Garden Alfredo with Chicken
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr and Lindsey Lower
Fresh vegetables shine in this super creamy pasta recipe for Garden Alfredo with Chicken.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 38.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43.2g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 718mg
- Calcium: 270mg
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces uncooked pappardelle pasta
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices; keep warm. Reserve drippings in pan.
- 2. While chicken cooks, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- 3. Cut each zucchini and squash in half crosswise. Cut 1/2-inch slices from outer "walls" of zucchini and squash; discard cores. Slice pieces lengthwise into thin strips.
- 4. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add zucchini, squash, asparagus, and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with 3/8 teaspoon salt. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- 5. Combine broth, half-and-half, and flour; stir with a whisk. Add broth mixture to reserved drippings in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Add pasta, vegetables, and chicken; toss. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note