This was loved by my family! It was a huge portion, but I did use 8oz of pasta instead of 6 since I didn't want to have just 2 oz leftover.I don't eat cheese, so for me, it needed salt, but my family said it was perfect as is. The tomato-arugula salad on the side just a tiny bit spicy for my 5 year old. But good decent side salad.
Garden Alfredo with Chicken
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr and Lindsey Lower
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 38.7g
- Carbohydrate: 43.2g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 718mg
- Calcium: 270mg
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces uncooked pappardelle pasta
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 ounces thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut chicken across the grain into thin slices; keep warm. Reserve drippings in pan.
- 2. While chicken cooks, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- 3. Cut each zucchini and squash in half crosswise. Cut 1/2-inch slices from outer "walls" of zucchini and squash; discard cores. Slice pieces lengthwise into thin strips.
- 4. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl. Add zucchini, squash, asparagus, and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Sprinkle with 3/8 teaspoon salt. Add garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- 5. Combine broth, half-and-half, and flour; stir with a whisk. Add broth mixture to reserved drippings in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheese; stir until cheese melts. Add pasta, vegetables, and chicken; toss. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This