- 1 (20-ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 2 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 (6-inch) pita bread rounds
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- calories 355
- fat 4.8 g
- cholesterol 2 mg
- sodium 707 mg
How to Make It
Process first 6 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Chill.
Toss together bean sprouts and next 7 ingredients.
Spread garbanzo bean mixture evenly on bread rounds. Top each with bean sprouts mixture, and roll up. Garnish, if desired.