- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon cardamom seeds
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, crushed
- 3 bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mace
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes or until seeds are lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; let cool completely.
Place mixture in container of an electric blender or food processor; cover and process until ground. Stir in mace. Store in an airtight container. Stir well before each use. Use in Indian dishes, pilafs, and meat dishes.