I have made these cookies on several occasions and each time they get rave reviews. The ganache stuffiing is what sets them apart from your ordinary chocolate chip cookie.
Ganache-Stuffed Chocolate-Chip Cookies
A stuffed cookie is like a sandwich cookie, only with more cream on the inside-it's fatter, fuller and (if you're the kind of person who twists apart the cookies to get to the cream) better. Jessica Sullivan, the pastry chef at Boulevard restaurant in San Francisco, makes hers with nutty chocolate-chip cookies and silky chocolate ganache.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- Make the Cookies: Preheat the oven to 375°. Spread the nuts in a pie plate and toast for 8 minutes; let cool, then chop.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt. In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the paddle (or using a handheld mixer), cream the butter with the sugars and vanilla at medium speed, about 1 minute. Beat in the egg. With the mixer at low speed, beat in the dry ingredients. Beat in the walnuts and chocolate chips. Spoon level tablespoons of the dough onto 2 ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Make the Ganache: Put the chocolate in a bowl. In a saucepan, bring the cream and corn syrup to a boil; pour over the chocolate and let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth. Whisk in the crème fraîche. Refrigerate the ganache, stirring occasionally, until thick and spreadable, 1 hour.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, until golden; let cool on the sheets for 2 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Sandwich the chocolate-chip cookies with the ganache and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This