This is my new go to chili recipe. Only changes I made were I use 1 can of pinto beans & 1 can of chili beans and instead of all tomato sauce, I use 1 14.5 oz. can tomato sauce & 1 14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes since I like chunks of tomato in my chili. Other than that I make it as directed. The dark beer (I use Newcastle) gives it a great flavor along with all the good spices. Delicious!
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Garnish: pickled jalapeño pepper slices
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Combine meat mixture, beans, and next 11 ingredients in Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 3 hours or until thickened. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews