Galatoire's Shrimp Rémoulade
Yield: Makes 12 appetizer servings
- 4 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato purée
- 1/2 cup Creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika (optional)
- 2 pounds cooked fresh large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lettuce leaves
- Pulse first 4 ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. Add vinegar and next 5 ingredients, and process until well blended and smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. With processor running, pour oil in a slow, steady stream, processing until blended. Stir in paprika, if desired.
- Cover and chill 6 to 8 hours.
- Stir chilled sauce; pour over shrimp, gently tossing to coat. Serve on lettuce leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This