Gajar Ka Halwa (Carrot Halwa)
Carrot halwa is an Indian dessert, made of grated carrot, khoa, milk and sugar. This carrot pudding is a very popular Indian dessert and id widely knoen as Gajar Halwa. This is an easy to cook recipe and does not take muc time. Ingredients are also mostly available at every kitchen. If khoa is not available, condensed milk can be used.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) grated carrot
- 0.5 cup(s) milk
- 0.5 cup(s) sugar
- 0.5 cup(s) grated khoya
- 4 tablespoon(s) ghee
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cashewnuts
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped almonds
- Heat ghee in a pan and add grated carrot.
- Stir it well and fry lightly.
- Now add milk and cover it for 10 minutes in low flame.
- When the carrots are tender add sugar and khoya and mix well. Condensed milk can be used in place of khoya.
- When the carrot becomes little dry but oily, add chopped dry fruits and mix it.
- Serve it hot or cold as you like.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EasySteps2Cook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes