A great and easy way to fix garden tomatoes.
Fusilli with Roasted Tomato Sauce
Photography: Becky-Stayner: Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 11.9g
- Carbohydrate: 54.1g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 591mg
- Calcium: 121mg
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, divided
- 6 large tomatoes (about 3 1/2 pounds), cored, cut in half crosswise, and seeded
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups hot cooked long fusilli (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Brush a jelly roll pan or shallow roasting pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange tomatoes in a single layer, cut sides down, in pan. Arrange crushed garlic around tomatoes; sprinkle tomatoes with thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes; drain juices from pan. Bake an additional 30 minutes. Remove tomatoes from pan; cool slightly. Discard juice and crushed garlic. Peel and coarsely chop tomatoes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add chopped garlic, and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add chopped tomatoes and basil, and cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add pasta, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; garnish with basil sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes