This was excellent!! I did though, like another reviewer, add some crushed walnuts to the panko mixture and a tub of feta cheese to the end product! YUMMY!! Very good and quick meal :)
Fusilli with Caramelized Spring Onions and White Wine
Photo: Francesco Tonelli; Styling: Philippa Brathwaite
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 364
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 9.5g
- Carbohydrate: 55.6g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 438mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups thinly sliced spring onions (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli (short twisted spaghetti)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Combine panko, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon garlic, and a dash of salt in a small bowl. Spread panko mixture in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 6 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after 3 minutes. Cool.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add onions to pan; cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add remaining 1 teaspoon garlic and wine. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 1 minute. Add broth; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup (about 4 minutes).
- 4. Cook pasta in boiling water with 1 tablespoon kosher salt according to package directions, omitting additional fat. Drain. Add pasta, remaining salt, and pepper to onion mixture; toss gently. Place about 1 cup pasta in each of 4 shallow bowls; sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons panko mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This