Fusilli with Eggplant
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 24 ounce(s) eggplant, unpeeled cubed
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic finely chopped
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried basil, 2T fresh
- 84 ounce(s) Italian plum tomatoes chopped
- 4 quart(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 16 ounce(s) fusilli
- 1. In a colander, sprinkle the eggplant with a salt and let drain for 30 minutes. Press the eggplant to remove moisture and pat dry with paper towel.
- 2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine 2 T of oil, garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes and saute until the garlic browns, the onions are translucent, and the pepper flakes are clear bright red.
- 3. Add the basil and tomatoes and heat over low to medium heat for 15 minutes. Remove dried red pepper.
- 4. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook the eggplant in 2T oil until it has softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- 5. Combine the eggplant with the tomato sauce.
- 6. In 6-quart kettle over high heat, bring the water to a rolling boil and add the 1t oil. Add fusilli and cook until al dente.Drain.
- 7. Use 1/2C sauce for each serving and serve at room temp. Or freeze sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SabraLaddGore and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note