Fusilli Salad with Grilled Chicken and Zucchini
- 1/2 pound whole wheat fusilli
- Four small zucchini, halved lengthwise (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, very finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1. Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the fusilli, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Meanwhile, brush the cut sides of the zucchini with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Grill the zucchini, cut side down, over a medium-hot fire until lightly charred, about 3 minutes. Turn the zucchini and move them to the sides of the grill. Brush the chicken breasts with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and season them with salt and pepper. Set the chicken breasts in the center of the grill and grill until cooked through, turning once, about 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken and zucchini to a platter and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the very finely chopped anchovies, minced garlic and the remaining 2 tablespoons each of lemon juice and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 4. Cut the chicken and zucchini into bite-size pieces and add them to the fusilli. Add the red pepper and the anchovy dressing and toss well. Sprinkle the basil on top, season with salt and pepper, toss again and serve.
- Notes: One serving 463 calories, 12.3 gm total fat, 2.8 gm saturated fat, 43 gm carb.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note