This cake was amazing! It was very easy to make. I made it exactly as the recipe suggested. I only have a large oval shaped crock pot so, for that reason, I kept a very close eye on it while it was cooking. Good thing because it only took 2 hours to bake. I served it warm with ice cream. It does make quite a bit though so I'm glad I had 6 other people to help me eat it!
Fudgy Pudding Cake
Warm, gooey and chocolatey are the words that best describe this sensational dessert made in a slow cooker! Ice cream is a favorite topping, but the cake stands by itself just as well.
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 18 1/4-oz. pkg. devil’s food cake mix
- 3.9-oz. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 16-oz. container sour cream
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or until blended. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a lightly greased 4-quart round slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting 4 hours or until set around the edges but still soft in the center. Turn off slow cooker and let stand 20 to 30 minutes; do not lift lid until ready to serve. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts