Made this recipe for Christmas dessert and let it cool during dinner. It was absolutely decadent! The longer it stands the more liquid is drawn into the cake mix, the fudgier it is. Actually better the next day,if you have leftovers. Not all cake mixes are 18 1/4 oz; but that didn't seem too make too much of a difference.
Fudgy Pudding Cake
- 18 1/4-oz. pkg. devil’s food cake mix
- 3.9-oz. pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
- 16-oz. container sour cream
- 3/4 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 6-oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- Beat first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 30 seconds or until blended. Beat at medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a lightly greased 4-quart round slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting 4 hours or until set around the edges but still soft in the center. Turn off slow cooker and let stand 20 to 30 minutes; do not lift lid until ready to serve. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts