Fudgy Peppermint Brownies
Who says "bar" cookes have to be rectangular? For a fun presentation, cut these ultrarich brownies with a 2" round cutter. The scraps make great nibbling.
Yield: 2 dozen
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 (1-ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies (about 20)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- Melt butter and chocolate in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until smooth; let cool.
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes; gradually add 2 cups sugar, beating well. Add melted chocolate, flour, and next 3 ingredients; beat well. Stir in peppermint candy. Pour batter into a greased and floured 13" x 9" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 32 to 33 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts