Ooey, gooey, chocolate deliciousness. I thought I had toffee chips but they turned out to be peanut butter chips. OMG, great sub. I still prefer the toffee for the crunch though. Be sure to have some milk on hand.
Fudgy Mocha-Toffee Brownies
Best Bar Cookie. These gooey bars are as rich as anything you'll find in a bakery. They are a welcome treat in a lunch box, as a weeknight dessert, or any time you need a sweet treat. --Recipe by Kathleen Kanen (January/February 2005)
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 145
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 4.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24.9g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 121mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine coffee granules and 1/4 cup hot water, stirring until the coffee granules dissolve.
- Combine butter and semisweet chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until butter melts; stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine coffee mixture, butter mixture, vanilla extract, and eggs in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add coffee mixture to flour mixture; stir just until combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with toffee chips. Bake at 350° for 22 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fudgy Mocha-Toffee Brownies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Freezable, Gifts, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Sodium
- COOKING METHOD: Microwave, Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter, Father's Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Valentine's Day
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light