I gave these 5 stars because I was able to omit the marshmallows which I absolutely can't stand. They came out perfect. The next time I'm going to do as a previous reviewer did and use peanut putter for a Reeses effect.
Fudgy Marshmallow Bars
Yield: 9 bars
Cost per Serving: $.62
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 153mg
- 1 stick (1/4 lb.) unsalted
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker or chocolate wafer crumbs (12 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon plus a pinch of salt
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch, square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt half of butter and then mix with crumbs, brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Press firmly into bottom of pan. Bake in bottom third of oven until set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Combine remaining butter and unsweetened chocolate in a heatproof bowl; microwave at 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Cool slightly. In a separate bowl, whisk sugar, vanilla and eggs. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add flour and mix until just combined. Pour over cooled crust and bake until just set, 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Set broiler on high and place oven rack 3 inches from heat. Sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate chips over cookie and broil until marshmallows start to brown, 1 minute. Remove from oven and let cool before cutting into squares.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note