Fudgy Joy Cookies
Soft, chocolaty cookies still warm from the oven are always a big hit. This recipe will remind you of a popular coconut-almond-chocolate candy bar.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Combine first 5 ingredients; stir well, and set aside.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Add sugars to chocolate mixture, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in coconut and almonds. Cover and chill dough 1 hour.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fudgy Joy Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts, Cookies
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Gifts, Make-Ahead
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Chocolate
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- OCCASION: Christmas, Easter, Father's Day, Halloween, July 4th, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Mother's Day, New Year's, Super Bowl, Valentine's Day, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Oxmoor House
More Recipes Like This