- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 3 (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup finely chopped flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and coarsely chopped
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients; stir well, and set aside.
Combine butter and chocolate in a small saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; cool completely.
Add sugars to chocolate mixture, beating at medium speed of an electric mixer until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in coconut and almonds. Cover and chill dough 1 hour.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire racks, and cool completely.