If you like chocolate a lot, you will enjoy this recipe. My kids would have liked to rate it 5 stars while my husband and I would have rated it 3 stars, "good, solid recipe." We averaged it to 4 stars. I followed the recipe exactly as it is written except for putting pecans on only half of the pan. As with any 9X13 dessert, this is a great dish to share with another family. We gave half of it away so we didn't have to eat all those calories ourselves. Not a healthy dish at all!
Fudgy Cookie Bars
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
Cool: 1 Hour
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz.) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; cut in cold butter pieces with a pastry blender or 2 forks until crumbly. Press mixture onto bottom of a 13- x 9-inch pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove pan, and place on a wire rack.
- 3. Stir together condensed milk, vanilla, and 1 cup chocolate morsels in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until smooth. Pour mixture evenly over prepared crust, spreading to edges of the pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans or walnuts and remaining chocolate morsels.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour or until completely cool. Cut into 48 (1 1/2-inch) bars.
- Note: Store bars in airtight containers up to 1 week. You may also freeze bars up to 1 month.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note